The First Step To Feeling Better Is To Identify The Causes of Stress
We all get stressed. Everyone does. Under stress we may feel tense, nervous, or on edge. People nowadays are finding more and more causes to feel stressed. Stress, however, is not avoidable but it is manageable. Addressing the causes of stress is the first step to feeling better.
With prolonged stress, people are prone to get ill. It is known to contribute to heart disease, hypertension and high blood pressure, affects the immune system, linked to strokes and a myriad of other health complications. Anxiety can also cause emotional eating leading to obesity or weight gain.
Let’s look at the most common causes of stress:
- Money – Those who have named finances to be the cause of their stress link major purchases such as a home or a car. Others worry about loss of income or escalating debts.
- Career or Job – Work which is in a way related to finances can also be a cause of stress. People worry about keeping their jobs, new responsibilities, meeting up expectations, struggling to climb the career ladder or inundated by demands.
- Family – There will be times when arguments can blow up with a partner or any other family member. The ebb and flow of family life is filled with stress. Parents divorce. Children marry. A child moves out – an aging parent moves in. Health in the family can also be a leading cause of stress. A sick family member, a serious injury, pregnancy, miscarriage, or abortion can all cause stress.
- Personal Concerns – Everyone desires for control over his or her own life. A lot of people lack control over their own time like holding a job, participating in the children’s carpool to school, driving family to soccer practices, shopping, and scout meetings while trying to keep the household running. These things create stress.
- Personal Health – Stress and weight gain are connected. Did you know that some hormones released from stress called cortisol can actually build a barrier around your body fat? Having too much of these stress hormones in your body can make it impossible for you to lose weight caused by stress naturally. Habits like smoking, abuse of alcohol or other drugs affects health and must be changed. Dissoluteness can be an ongoing concern. (Related: Lose Stress Weight – Break Down Cortisol to Burn Body Fat)
- Relationships – Whether it is a friendship, dating, separation, marriage, divorce, or re-marriage, a relationship can be a leading cause of stress for many. We all want love, and that is potentially available in relationships, but getting from A to B can be very stressful. Some resort to online relationships that are easier to handle. Others withdraw and become recluses. Either way, the demands on time, finances, and emotions can cause ongoing stress.
- Loss of a Loved One – There is nothing more tearing than to experience the death of a loved one. Even the death of a pet can be stressful.
Stress is in reality, a part of life. It walks in and out of our lives on a regular basis. However, if you’re living with high levels of stress, you’re putting your entire well-being at risk. By identifying the causes of stress in your life, you can accept responsibility and win over these unhealthy anxieties. Adopting a healthy lifestyle choice can also increase your resistance to stress.