Decide To Change and Make It Happen
Obesity is a risk factor for many diseases and there are definite health benefits that overweight or obese people can gain from losing some weight. It can get frustrating when you’re on the path toward weight loss success then finding yourself in a rut you can’t get out of. If you need help hitting your 2018 weight loss goals, then a weight loss program may be just what you need.
#1 A Weight Loss Program Provides Individualized Services
Losing weight can be a challenge but can be made easy with medically guided weight loss programs tailored to your individual needs. Every individual has a different path to his or her ideal weight. Not every person responds to the same diet in the same way. By joining a local weight loss program, you will get a weekly online session with one on one support plus education specific to your needs, schedule and goals. The objective is to find better alternatives, specific to you, with an emphasis on ensuring that your hunger is satisfied.
#2 A Weight Loss Program Will Help You Form Healthy Eating Habits
You cannot adopt a healthy eating plan without making changes in your lifestyle. A weight loss program can provide you with healthy nutrition choices, nutritional counseling and healthy recipes that is designed for the long term. The program includes healthy foods from all four food groups including vegetables and fruits, whole grains, low fat dairy, lean meats and meat alternatives, and small amounts of healthy fats at each meal. They can also utilize different weight loss tools, such as medications or meal plans.
#3 A Weight Loss Program Provides Medical Guidance
It’s often overwhelming to try to lose weight without guidance and direction. Joining a weight loss program will give you expert guidance from registered dietitians, and fitness specialists who are highly trained in motivating behavior change, exercise, and healthy eating. They have years of experience in the medical field and receives continuing education on subjects pertaining to health and weight loss.
#4 A Weight Loss Program Provides Long Term Success
Many people struggle to maintain weight loss long-term. Monitoring is integral to the success of weight loss, as well as long-term maintenance of healthier weight. A weight loss program will focus on sustaining your weight loss at the start of your plan and provide essential tools for your continued success
Lose Weight at Your Convenience
With three convenient Arizona locations and two in Minnesota, you can easily search and discover a Medshape Weight Loss Clinic near you today. We only provide long term lifestyle modifications, establishing new behaviors and making a commitment to your health.
An upcoming trial will implement a weight loss program for couples to investigate how individuals affect their partner’s weight loss.
Weight loss studies up to date have focused on the individuals within a couple, but couples as a whole engage in the same dietary and physical activity habits and thus share a similar obesity risk. This social component to weight loss led researchers to examine the potential of a weight loss program for couples based on the Self-Determination Theory. This theory states that environments suited to supporting the needs of an individual foster the growth of autonomous, competent individuals. In a study protocol recently published in BMC Public Health, researchers discuss that they will apply this theory to cohabiting couples to examine the influence individuals have on their partner’s weight loss.
To obtain participants, the researchers plan to advertise in the local media, then screen individuals via a phone interview. Those eligible for participation must be couples aged 18-70 years, with a BMI measurement of 25-45kg/m2 who live together. Participants cannot be engaged in efforts targeting weight loss such as special programs or taking supplements, cannot be pregnant, lactating, have certain cardiovascular issues, abuse substances, or be undergoing treatment for cancer.
Researchers will then randomly assign couples to one of two groups: the Self-Determination Theory-Weight Loss (SDT-WL) group and the Behavioural Weight Loss (BWL) group. Those in the SDT-WL group attend weight loss meetings every week for six months, receive basic information about healthy eating and exercise, as well as training on how to support their partner by reinforcing partnership, using supportive language, and overall acknowledging and responding to their partner’s needs. The BWL group will also attend weekly weight loss group meetings for six months and receive basic nutrition and physical activity information, but will not have training on partner support.
For the trial, participants will reduce their dietary fat intake by 30%, but maintain caloric standards. In order to do so, all groups will receive a sample meal plan, nutrition guidebook, and links to online resources. Additionally, researchers will encourage the gradual increase of physical activity until participants are engaging in 50 minutes of moderate intensity exercise 5 days per week. Dietary choices and exercise will be tracked either in the provided diary or a preferred online application or website. A variety of self-reported questionnaires and scales such as the Important Other Climate Questionnaire, Sallis Support Scale, Quality Marriage Index and Revised Dyadic Adjustment Scale will be used to measure and assess how well each individual feels their needs are met by their partner and how they feel about the dynamics of their relationship during the trial.
There is currently a high percentage of adults who are overweight and obese. Most are hoping for a quick weight loss solution that they will try almost anything that promise fast results.
The calories we eat and the amount we burn each day through exercise and physical activity are what really control our body weight. In order to lose weight, we need to eat less and exercise more. Or simply put—burn more calories than you expend.
But there is more to losing weight than just eating right. One good option of successfully achieving weight loss is by following a weight loss plan. With the different types of weight loss programs available in the market today, looking at what makes up a good program can help you select what can and will truly work.
Let’s take a look at the four types of weight loss programs popularly used these days:
THE NON-SURGICAL APPROACH
- Develop Your Own Plan or Do-It-Yourself – Any effort to get thinner by yourself or with a support group either on or offline, fits in the “do-it-yourself” class. Individuals utilizing this kind of diet program rely on a bunch of support and products such as self-help diet books for counseling.
- Non-Clinical Weight Loss Programs – These kind of programs for weight loss may or may not be proprietary operated, such as through a privately-owned, weight-loss chain. Healthcare providers use books and brochures that they themselves prepared but use counselors to implement the service. These programs expect members to utilize the program’s food or supplements.
- Clinically-Based Programs – This sort of programs provide treatment in a clinical setting by authorized healthcare experts such as doctors, nurses, dietitians or psychologists. The program offers services that educate patients on healthier food choices, medical care, weight loss therapy and physical fitness. They likewise utilize other weight reduction techniques: low calorie diets, weight loss medications or surgery to treat seriously obese patients. These programs are carefully supervised by physicians during implementation.
THE SURGICAL APPROACH
- Bariatric Surgery Programs focus on the evaluation and treatment of severe morbid obesity. It uses a variety of procedures that can cause significant long-term loss of weight. This is a good choice for those that are extremely obese and have attempted unsuccessfully to get in shape through diet and exercise programs and are unlikely to lose weight successfully with non-surgical methods.
Nutrition and exercise are the core of any weight loss program. Regardless what type of weight loss programs you choose, the weight loss program you settle on should enable you to lose weight and help you keep it off by showing you adherence to a good diet and exercise habits that you will be able to use for years to come.
Arizona weight Loss – Take The Next Step Towards A Healthier Life
Obesity is a very widespread problem nowadays and people all around the world are searching for solutions, whether they activate in fitness clubs, follow diets or other methods in order to lose weight fast and lead a healthier life.
If you have heard about quick weight loss diets and wondering if they can help you like they say they can—well, yes they do. However, do not be fooled because the ‘quick’ may not be as quick as you think. Healthy weight loss takes time. Doing it too quickly can get you sick and make you lose muscle tone instead of fat.
You must know that having a lot of excess body fat is bad for your health. It can lead to several health problems like cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes, just to name a few. This is the reason why losing weight and getting in better physical shape makes sense.
While there are countless weight loss clinics located throughout Arizona, it’s important to choose the perfect one for you. It can set you in the right direction. When evaluating Arizona Weight Loss clinics, here are things to consider:
- It should offer evidence-based weight loss programs that are safe, effective and affordable.
- The weight loss program should be closely supervised by medical professionals.
- It lets you achieve optimal health and provide long-term and sustained results.
- The weight loss program should suit your budget and lifestyle.
Just about anywhere, you may be able to find a professional medical weight loss clinic that offers best weight loss programs designed to help you maximize your fitness efforts and to help you lose weight in a very effective and safe manner. A safe weight loss program encourages healthy behaviors that help you lose weight and that you can maintain over time. It should include:
- Healthy eating plans that reduce calories but do not rule out specific foods or food group
- Regular physical activity
- Tips on healthy lifestyle
- Slow and steady weight loss of not more than 3 pounds per week (may be faster at the start of a program)
- A plan to keep the weight off after you have lost it
So if losing weight is your problem, not to worry because help can be available. Consider taking part in a weight loss program offered by a certified medical weight loss clinic when you face the need or desire to lose pounds. Through facilities such as these you have the opportunity to work with an experienced medical weight loss team that can provide you with educated direction and assistance to reach your best level of personal fitness.
For a weight loss solution with real, long-lasting results, contact Medshape Weight Loss Clinic. We are currently serving three locations in Arizona. You may schedule appointment or contact any of our Arizona Weight Loss clinics.
You may also follow our blog and subscribe for more weight loss news and tips.
Like many other women, there is a good chance that you find yourself concerned with your appearance as well. In general, women are much more concerned about their looks than men are. The key reason for this is that their appearance is crucial to how others regard them. Most of women’s dissatisfaction focus around weight issues, namely, around being too fat. The pressure to shed pounds are too overwhelming that they turn to weight loss programs for women.
Although women are more motivated to lose weight because of social standards, the reasons for weight loss isn’t all about physical change. Some of the personal reasons why women want to lose weight are:
- Keeping the heart safe
- Less risk of diabetes
- Get more energetic
- Be able to sleep better
- Reduce stress
- Less joint pain
- Memory improvement
- And more
So if you have constantly felt frustrated because you couldn’t seem to shed off the excess weight, then you have the same sentiments as with the majority of women. You have to understand that your body is more complex than in men. Understanding these unique factors that take place in your body is essential in your goal to finally find a solution to your weight loss goals.
A change in lifestyle can also speak for a woman’s health stage. With the current roles that women have to fulfill these days like at work, in family and within their social circles, finding time to lose weight seem less viable. Keep in mind that any weight loss plan should align with your fitness goals. Thus, turning towards quick fixes will never provide any right solution. Here are some steps a woman like you can take to manage weight issues:
- Avoid the sedentary lifestyle. Although your activities keep your schedule full, it doesn’t mean that you are constantly moving, right? More often than not, you are actually strapped in your office desk, trying to finish the report that you have to submit the next day. Instead of doing things the usual way, incorporate little exercises in them. Take the stairs instead of using the elevator or do office yoga to stretch your muscles and relax.
- Keep an eye on your health conditions. As mentioned earlier, certain medical conditions can make you gain weight even more. It isn’t a hopeless case, though. If you are experiencing polycystic ovarian syndrome or hypothyroidism, make sure that you consume fewer calories.
- Healthy eating habits will never go out of style. Diet fads come and go but what will stick are healthy diet programs that incorporate well-balanced meals. Instead of constantly eating on restaurants and take-away food, opt for home-cooked meals. You can prepare them on days when you have lesser workload and store them to be re-heated. This way, you don’t have any excuses to binge on unhealthy fast food or restaurant meals that cost a lot and contain less nutritional value.
- Make it a habit to exercise regularly. Every week, plan out your work-out schedule, be it a few hours in the gym, yoga and pilates exercise at home or even a short run within your neighborhood. Other than that, you need to understand that your goal is not only to lose weight but to minimize the body fat percentage in your body.
- Stop getting stressed. Stress is inevitable especially if you are leading a busy lifestyle, yet it can cause your hormones to fluctuate. Even if you stop yourself from binge and stress eating, stress will dictate your body to store more body fat which is evidently harder to shed off than extra weight.
Other than developing your own weight loss plan through regular exercise, as well as eating healthy, you can also join a local best weight loss programs for women or an online weight loss program. These types of programs are nice, as you often get professional advice as well as support from group leaders and other weight loss program members.
So women don’t need to fret about weight – as long as it’s within healthy management. Do the right things that could lead to ideal weight, form and appearance. And for sure, you will feel good about yourself!