Many people these days are struggling with and seeking help on their weight loss problems. Those who have achieved success still go through an ongoing challenge of maintaining the new weight. The good news is that people who are overweight can gain significant benefits through the help of a medical weight loss clinic to jump start their diet.
There are serious consequences to being overweight. Being so puts you at a high risk to illnesses such as heart disease, sleep apnea, diabetes, back and knee pain, hypertension (high blood pressure), stroke, gallstones and gall bladder problems. Even depression can be caused or worsened by obesity or being overweight.
All medical weight loss programs are managed by medical professionals. They typically involve the use of diet, exercise, medication or dietary supplements. What poses as a bigger challenge for most people is keeping the weight off over the long term. That is why working with a physician and his or her staff from a medical weight loss clinic can be helpful if you are seriously committed to losing weight.
When you decide to seek assistance from a medical weight loss center, you can schedule a consultation or visit any of its offices. At your initial visit, you will be met with a medical weight loss team who will take your biometrics: Body Mass Index (BMI), Body Fat Percentage and Body Measurements. The medical provider will also review and discuss your medical history, exercise and programs best fit for you. Once the best weight loss program has been determined for you, a weight loss evaluation will then be performed. Depending on the program selected, you may be asked to undergo further tests which may include a comprehensive blood panel, blood pressure reading and EKG.
Medical weight loss centers offer a full range of weight loss programs that serve the needs of different people. If you are wondering if a medical weight loss is right for you, here are the other benefits you can enjoy:
- You will get individual attention from a medical weight loss team right from the start. Many of the other types of diet programs have non professional staff whose counseling duties are secondary to their sales responsibilities.
- Your doctor will be able to monitor your progress to make sure you have the safest and most effective weight loss. They will be able to tell you how much of the weight loss is due to water loss, fat loss, and muscle loss and make adjustments accordingly.
- Your doctor and the health professionals at the medical weight loss clinic will also be able to help you develop realistic and accurate expectations using your body composition and other measurements and the type of program you choose.
- You will receive personal support from your doctor and the team at the medical weight loss center. Many weight loss clinics report that they have nearly 100 percent success rates with the clients who stick with their programs.
- Once you reach your weight loss goal, your relationship with the medical weight loss clinic does not stop. You will continue to have a short term “maintenance” contact with the program – usually going in once per week so the center can help you maintain your new healthy weight.
Because 9 out of 10 people who lose weight on a diet gain it back within 6 months, there is also a long term wellness phase at most medical weight loss clinics. Serious about losing weight and not just about trying the latest fad diet?
Contact a medical weight loss clinic near me today!
Leave A Comment