Making lifestyle changes doesn’t come naturally. You need to plan and make it happen. Weight loss is 70% food and 30% workout. The key to healthy weight loss is checking your food consumption. The issue that arises in the mind is to decide how many calories to consume. Weight loss entirely depends on the metabolic rate of your body.
To lose weight you just must eat lesser than your requisite calorie intake or you need to increase your calorie expenditure through increased physical action. Taking out time for a workout is difficult, but if you want to drop your size, you can continue to do it by consuming the right kinds of food and in the right quantity.
Here are some easy steps to weight loss:
- Cut out sugar and deep-fried foods from your diet. Oil, which is what fried foods are cooked in, is full of fat. Fat is high in calories. Eating a lot of calories tends to lead to being overweight- which leads to issues like diabetes and heart diseases.
- Eat smaller and more regular meals. Start eating at least five times a day at an interval of 2-2.5 hours. It helps in preventing from overeating and also gives relief from acidity.
- Eat gradually, stop before you get full. Practice rating your hunger level before you eat and then again when you are finished eating. If you do this each time you eat, you will become more familiar with your eating patterns. When you eat in response to physical hunger, you gradually experience a sense of satisfaction. This is your body telling you that the hunger is gone. You may not be attuned to your body’s signals, or you may choose to continue eating for other reasons, but then it is your mind deciding how much to eat, not your body.
- Eat desserts in the morning. It is the time when body’s digestion is at its highest. You can digest the large amount of food in the middle of 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- No desserts, coffee or tea after evening.
- Finish your dinner at least 2 hours earlier before sleeping and also try to avoid heavy food at dinner.
- Add plenty of fruits in your diet. Have fruits on the empty stomach or after the workout. Avoid having fruits after your food.
But the most important point to be kept in mind is never to go on a complete diet. Extreme diets are not justifiable and don’t work. Eat your favorite food but in moderation. Also diet doesn’t mean giving up on desserts or fried food and treats completely. Treat yourself once a week with your favorite food. This way it will not make you deprived of whatever thing you crave for.
Last but not the least, Exercise regularly. Without exercise, you will not get the complete benefits of your healthy eating. The only thing you need to remember is that REGULARITY IS THE KEY and in the end it is all about willpower and MIND ABOVE MATTER.