Celebrate Without Over-Indulging
The holiday eating season is upon us again and it’s time to celebrate with family and friends. Unfortunately, for many it also becomes a time for overeating and weight gain. According to the National Institutes of Health, holiday eating can result in an extra pound or two every year. Holidays and unhealthy eating go hand and hand, so what can you do about it? We’ve put together a list of top 5 tips for holiday healthy eating.
5 Tips To Get You Through The Holiday Eating Season
- Don’t get yourself pressured with weight gain – Do your best to maintain your current weight. If you gain a couple of pounds, don’t worry. The holidays are about enjoying yourself, so make sure you do.
- Don’t ever think about skipping meals – Many people skip meals during the holidays hoping to keep their stomachs open for the big holiday meals. Before a big meal, eat a light snack like raw veggies or fruit and you’ll be less tempted to over-indulge.
- Don’t eat till you can’t eat anymore – Eat until you’re satisfied, not stuffed. Eat slowly and enjoy your meal. Converse with family and friends between bites. Be sure to survey all of your options at the holiday meal before adding items to your plate and make sure to include a portion of vegetables with your meal.
- Don’t get drunk – Beer and wine can lessen inhibitions which can lead to unhealthy overeating. If you want, enjoy a drink but try to keep it to just one if possible.
- Try a healthy option – Turkey, stuffing, ham, pumpkin pie, loaded mash potato all can wreak havoc on a waistline, look for healthy eating alternative, healthier version of the old time favorites.
Remember, the holidays are about spending quality time with your family and friends so don’t restrict yourself, enjoy your holiday. Don’t stress about weight gain and do your best to try and maintain your weight. The January new year’s resolutions will be upon us soon enough.
Need help reshaping your lifestyle? Start on a weight loss diet with us today!